Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby Food

Starting Jocelyn on some solids has been a fun experience so far!  I feed her a little in the morning and little in the afternoon.  Milk is still her main food, but she is getting to try out different foods, textures, and learning all along.  Some foods she has tried so far...

Avocado

Sweet Potato

Peaches

Pears

Carrots

Squash

Banana

Next on the list are Apples, peas, plums & pumpkin!

I have been making Jocelyn's food myself, and not only has it been fun, but I know what is going into her mouth, especially since I use organic produce.  With jarred food from the store, I can't be so sure :)

Today I spent a couple hours making more purees of sweet potato, squash, and peach.  I mix them up according to Wholesome Baby Food (awesome website if you want to make your own baby food!), and freeze them in individual portions.  All I then have to do is pop out what I need each day and let thaw out (OR I put it in the microwave for about 10 to 20 seconds).

After baking the peaches, butternut squash and sweet potato- I'm getting ready to blend....



Finished results of peaches...I pour into silicone muffin tins, freeze, then pop them out and put them in gallon freezer bags to store.  It has worked great for me!



Oh and here is a picture of my little 'foodie' from yesterday in her baby-legs scooting around on the floor :)


Love,

S

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are making her food. And you make it sound so easy.

    ReplyDelete